4.21.2009

The 2fer Dinner - Day Two

I had left over ricotta cheese mixture, manicotti, and cooked meatballs but hate repeating meals so I improvised. When we lived in San Diego, Sean and I used to eat at a place called Lotsa Pasta, besides the best Broccoli Slaw I've ever had, they served the Timpano.

It is from the movie (The Big Night) which I have never seen, but it is basically layers of pasta in a pastry shell, baked in a bowl. Well this is the poor man's quickie version.

POORMAN'S TIMPANO

Ingredients: Yesterdays ricotta mixture, the rest of the manicotti, about 15 meatballs, shredded cheese, 1 jar pasta sauce, 1 can biscuit dough

  • Cook 6 manicotti for 10 mins and leave in hot water
  • Preheat oven 350
  • In a bread loaf pan, cover bottom with sauce. Cut open manicotti and layer the bottom with two.
  • Add a layer of ricotta, then 5 crumbled up meatball, sauce, 2 manicotti, ricotta, 5 meatballs, sauce, 2 manicotti, ricotta 5 meatballs, sauce.
  • Place the biscuits on top of the sauce, bake for 30 mins or until the biscuits are golden brown - not burnt.
  • Add cheese on top of the biscuits, put back in the oven and turn it off. After 5 minutes remove, let rest 10 mins, slice, and serve.




0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com