8.26.2009

Don't Eat the Play-Doh!

When I was about eight years old, my mom played a practical joke on me. She convinced me that gum and peanuts went together like ice cream and cake. If you've never tried it, go ahead, I dare you. In order to avenge the loss of my last Hubba Bubba I concocted a clever plan.

The next day I asked her to if she wanted to join me and play with my Play-doh. I painstakingly molded a "hamburger" consisting of two neon yellow patties, neon green lettuce, and neon blue patty (only had the four pack of basic colors). I handed it to my mom on my finest plastic tea plate and said "Here Mommy, I made this for you." She eyed it hesitantly and asked, "You can eat this stuff?". I smiled my most innocent eight year old smile nodded. She took a bite, I laughed, she spit it out. Ironically she didn't think it was as funny as I did. Go Figure.

Now here I am 23 years later, enjoying Play-doh with my own children yelling,

"No! Don't eat the Play-doh!"






0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com