So as most of you know Connor is allergic to Milk. At his One Year Dr. Visit we had a blood test done.
The results were that Connor is allergic to:
- Milk/Dairy
- Peanuts
- Egg White
- Cat Dander
- Shrimp!?!
Fortunately. I now know for sure that he's allergic to these things. Unfortunately the doctor never followed up to see what I could do for him, except stop giving him those foods. At least he isn't severly allergic to the point where he'll go into shock. He will usually break out in a mild rash on his face and have an upset tummy after. It's usually hit and miss and we sneak him some banned food here and there, like little tastes of ice cream.
The hardest part is trying to say no to Connor begging for foods that he can't have, but he just saw his brother eat. How can you say no to that face...and there are two or three people out there that know this first hand....ahem...daddy...ahem...grandma 1 & 2...
We also found out that he is slightly anemic. At the doctors appointment the Dr. said he looked pale. My reaction: Have you seen his dad? He's as white as you can get! Not exactly the most politically correct thing to say, but hey I got a little defensive. Turns out he was right. They gave me iron drops to give him and I need to give him more iron fortified foods.
Poor guy, I switched doctors and will hopefully get more information about it all. I'll keep you all posted.

0 comments:
Post a Comment