3.03.2009

On this episode of "Cooking with Colin": Cheezy Mac & Joe Pie

Recently, Colin has had a "Let's see, Let's See" phase. Basically he wants to know exactly what you're doing and why your doing it all the time. A couple days ago I was making turkey nuggets for the boys dinner and Colin wouldn't stop asking me what I was doing. So I plopped him onto the counter and let him help me. What I've discovered is that this is perfect way to satisfy his insatiable curiosity and let Connor have some time to play with any toy he wants without Mr. "Mine!" to worry about.


Today, Colin helped me make a Cheezy Mac & Joe Pie. This is a good way to use any leftover Sloppy Joe you have from the night before.

CHEEZY MAC & JOE PIE

- Biscuit Dough (The kind you use for Biscuits on a Dowel...mmm can't wait til August)

- Sloppy Joe (I just use Manwhich & Ground Beef, if you have the time go fancy and make it from scratch, that recipe is for another post)

- Macaroni & Cheese (I used the box kind, and had an extra packet of cheese powder)

- Half a package of Cream Cheese (Mix into Mac & Cheese while still hot)

- Shredded Cheese

1. Smush(yes that is the technical term) 5 biscuits into a ball and roll out big enough to cover bottom of pie tin. Press into pie tin.

2. Mix the Sloppy Joe & Mac N' Cheese together and fill crust.

3. Use the remaining biscuit dough to form "sticks" to lay on top of mixture.

4. Bake at 400 for 20 min. After 20 min, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.


And despite the fact it takes twice as long to prepare, with my little helper in the kitchen, the pay off is that he is as excited to eat it as he is to make it. In his own words: "It's De-wee-shus, Mommy!"

And since Connor can't eat cheese or butter, here is a gratuitous shot of him being cute eating his plain macaroni, yes that is his real foot not a prop, limber isn't he?

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com