3.27.2009

The Clubhouse Funzone

A friend of mine invited me and the boys to a play date at Ventura's Clubhouse Funzone. Normally, I pride myself in being the one to find the "places to go" in the area and had to admit that I had never even heard of the place till then.

The Clubhouse Funzone is nestled inconspicuously in an area surrounded by warehouses and offices. It is easy to miss. Yet as soon as I walk in, I think I could distinctly hear the pop of Colin's head exploding. I couldn't open the gate fast enough. Predictably he made a beeline to the train table, picked out his favorite one and had it in his death grip for 4 hours!

Yes, we were there for 4 hours! How is that possible you may ask? Well between the bounce house, ride on cars, slides, ball pit (my personal favorite), play houses, train table, see-saw, and more, 4 hours was not even enough to cover it all. Admittedly, I was the one who burnt out, I slid, jumped, pushed, and danced around almost as much as they did. I think the two kids could have stayed there for days.

You can definitely tell I was a newbie to the place. The other mom that were there were off either in front of the 3 computers available there, or hunched over their laptops, utilizing the free Wi-Fi to get their online banking done.

The place had variety to keep the kids entertained. Big enough to run around without tripping over each other but just the right size and layout to be able to keep a eye on them. Needless to say we will be going there numerous times in the near future.



0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com